Dienstag, 23. August 2011

World Expo Swiss 2011

Aloah fellow painteholics,

After a few days of rest I finally found some time to write these lines. The decision to go to the swiss World Expo was made at Games Day Cologne just weeks ago. I was pretty lucky to find someone who took me there. Thanks to Wateco from the well known Tabletopwelt for getting me there.









Another big thanks go out to Jan and Nina for giving me a place to sleep for the weekend just about an hour away from Montreux. And what a weekend it was. So many beautiful miniatures and people.
I learned some tricks here and there. For some more skilled persons than me those tricks may seem normal, but they were new to me ;P Thanks to Goatman for his tip for good water effect - transparent resin. I will try it as soon my new resin reaches me.

The Location at the Genfer See was absolutely outstanding. The panorama of the mountains behind the sea was pure joy. The sun was shining and we even found time to jump into the cool water.










Finally this was a beautiful display of skill. The best of the best assembled a breath taking amount of great miniatures. All those awarded miniatures from all around the world were there, live and without a wall of glass between it. But enough talk now, You all want it and you shall get it : Pictures Pictures Pichtureeeees






































Some Videos I found:  Videos
If you cant get enough: More
Still not enough: Moooooooore
Still......: Mooooore Moooore

After all the Organisation could have been better but this was just a little point of criticism on an overall very enjoyable weekend. I am happy I decided to go there. Next on my calender is the sculpting workshop with MassiveVoodoo's own Mati ;P I am checking train prices by now. I have some things to check but I think Munich will be the first time I try sculpting. 

see you all in the future,

Simon aka Katan


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen